Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blog Three

Referring to my previous blog, the one thing I try to keep totally organized is my school planner. It is a physical and small book that I write assignments, due dates, and appointments down onto it. Though I see my method of planning to be the most efficient out there, I know that other students might not find it as effective, especially in today's society. Everything is becoming so technologically centered that it wouldn't surprise me to see another student having his or her school planner embedded in their laptop. Prior to this post I was actually looking online at some feasible electronic planner but nothing caught my eye. Personally, I need to write down everything with a physical pen that touches actual paper. Students now, particularly newer college students, might find this method too time-consuming and since their laptop is already there in front of them, why not insert a due date then?

I said earlier that I need a planner to actually open, write an important assignment down, and close it. Does that make me old-fashioned? I hope not because I'm not quite sure what makes me old-fashioned yet. I think that it means that for me, writing something down will make it stick in my brain better than simply typing a few lines on my laptop. I'm not always going to be looking at my planner, so if I remember something important that I didn't see in my planner, that is a huge benefit for me. And besides, what will the e-planner users do when their computer suddenly crashes?

1 comment:

  1. I used to be like you, then I became addicted to my Microsoft (i know, right??) Entourage calendar, mostly because it syncs between my home machine, work machine, and phone. It makes my life a lot easier. I'm curious, do you use any sort of metadata for your calendar? color coding? categories?

    ReplyDelete