Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blog Five

"The meaning of a particular thing is enabled by the web of implicit meanings we call the world" (170). This quote means that an object can mean many different things because of the implicit meanings that it can hold. I think that Lessig meant more about the context of an object and how a meaning can be broken down to different parts.


This is relevant to the Third Order of Order because there are many ways one object could be viewed. And that certain view can be different from person to person depending on the implicit meanings that it could hold. The song that I chose to portray is "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails. So what would a computer need to know in order to understand the relevance of this song in my life? Well for starters it would need to know who I am. It would need to know my set of emotions, how I grew up, and what environment I am in now. It would also need to know my long term goals in life as well as the outlook that I have on it. If a computer knew the answers to all of these questions, then it would know the relevance that it has on my life. (Which would be completely frightening)



No comments:

Post a Comment